Dreaming of living on a Lake ?
Lake St. Francis – Four Season Cottage/Home
FOR SALE - $248,000
Relax on Westley's Point with stunning south and west views of Lake St. Francis with the Adirondack Mountains on the horizon from most rooms.
Excellent swimming, boating and fishing are right at your doorstep.
This four-season home is situated on a 88.9 ft. x 50 ft. mature, landscaped, waterfront lot with little maintenance and upkeep. There are interlocking brick sidewalks, cement shoreline wall, mature trees, with beautiful shrubs and flower beds.
A cozy, spotless, well-maintained, custom built 1 ½ storey waterfront retreat or year-round “Canadiana” style home built in 1981 on a poured cement foundation.
- The interior living area is approx 1600 square feet not including the exterior front cedar pillar, board porch and wooden waterfront screen sun porch.
- A large living room: 19.9 ft x 11.9 ft overlooking the lake with a large picture window and wood burning fireplace, and off the living room, a 16.9 x 6.6 ft screened-in sun porch.
- An open concept, eat-in kitchen: 13 ft x 12 ft, adjoining the living room with solid maple cabinetry, double sink and new built-in dishwasher.
- A separate dining room: 11.3 ft x 11 ft.
- A laundry room: 11 ft x 7 ft.
- And a two-piece bath/powder room.
- The entrance foyer has 17 ft. cathedral ceiling with a solid-oak stair-rail leading to the upper level.
- Master bedroom: 22.10 ft x 11 ft with lake view and large double closet.
- Second bedroom: 11.3 ft x 10.5 ft with lake view and large double closet.
- Third bedroom: 10.5 ft x 8.10 ft.
- Four-piece bath: 8.10 ft x 7 ft with lake view.
- 12 ft x 8 ft. matching “bunkie” or storage building with running water, electricity and telephone jack, including a steel TV antenna tower and satellite dish.
- Cement shoreline wall, mature trees, flowerbeds and interlocking brick sidewalks.
- Electric baseboard heat and double glass door wood fireplace with a heat-a-lator.
- 2005 property taxes: $2,822.00 including street lights levy. The township has not yet completed their budget for this year.
Located on Lake St. Francis (92 sq. mile lake) is connected to upper & lower St. Lawrence River waterway. It is just 3 miles off Hwy 401 near Lancaster Ontario, part of the Seaway Valley Tourism region in South Eastern Ontario Canada. A short 1 hour drive to either Montreal or Ottawa (airport). A 20 minute drive to 2 major VIA rail passenger stations. Easy access links to USA major interstate highways (N.Y. & Vermont). House is on mid point of large eastern shore of a Bay of the Lake facing mainly west horizon and some of southern horizon. This house has one of the best and most panoramic full horizon views on Lake St. Francis at Westley’s Point. Able to see across to the opposite shore of Province of Quebec and the NY State Adirondack mountains.
Most of the year round residents are the original owners or their descendants who have had property at Westley’s Point since the early 1950’s. Westley’s Point has been known for its excellent swimming, and being on a “bay” – peninsula for its prime view of the Adirondack Mountains and the full horizon lake views. This beautiful four season cottage is sited for maximum utilization of sunlight. The front of the house, facing Willow Drive faces full east, whereas rooms on the lakefront face full west & south. Sunlight all day streams throughout the house.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR TO SCHEDULE A PREVIEW OF THIS BEAUTIFUL SUMMER HOME
Keller Williams Solid Rock Realty
1 Antares Drive, Suite 110
Office: (613) 733-3434
Cell: (613) 794-2899